Southern California Biomedical Council (SoCalBio) is a nonprofit, member-supported trade association that serves the biotech, med tech, IVD and digital health communities in the six counties that comprise the Greater Los Angeles region (Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Riverside and San Bernardino). SoCalBio’s programs help local firms gain access to capital, potential partners, and other business services. The Council also promotes technology transfer and workforce training, while informing policymakers and the public at-large about the benefits of the region’s bioscience industry. SoCalBio is open to membership by firms and organizations engaged in all aspects of bioscience research, technology development, and commercialization.
SoCalBio Mini Conference: Finding the Best Clinical Research Organizations
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Contract Research Organizations (CROs) are becoming an integral part of pharma and device product development value creation. Now, there are many companies that outsource all or part of their pre-clinical and clinical research to CROs.
Given the complex regulatory landscape of the bioscience industry, the selection of a CRO is a strategic decision that impacts the prospects of getting favorable FDA outcomes. Identifying the best-fit CRO involves a variety of processes and people.
SoCalBio in the News
LA BioMed Taps BioLabs
February 11, 2019:
South Bay couple donates $70 million to L.A. biomedical institute
February 10, 2019:
Federal grants to small SoCal biotech businesses rise in 2018
January 28, 2019
Biotech Sees VC Cash Flow
December 17, 2018
November 5, 2018
Biotech Band Back Together
October 9, 2018
Bioscience Data Dive
July 30, 2018
- Puma Biotechnology Reports Inducement Awards Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- John Muir Middle School and Health Net Celebrate National No One Eats Alone Day
- Axonics® to Report 2018 Fourth Quarter and Full-Year Financial Results and Host a Conference Call on March 5
- New Clinical Data Analysis Shows Survival Benefit Three Years after Treatment with Sipuleucel-T
- NantHealth® and NantOmics to Reveal New Research Demonstrating Importance of Examining RNA Expression and Individual Biomarkers in Cancer Testing
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Sera Labs A Leading Online Premier CBD Brand Receives Funding from ToroVerde Inc.
- Victory over Gilead! California Court Rules HIV Drug Personal Injury Cases May Proceed
The Southern California Biomedical Council (SoCalBio) offers member companies and organizations the opportunity to save money on products and services procured through the BioBusiness Solution program. This program is managed by the SoCalBio Group Purchasing Committee and offered only to SoCalBio members based in the Greater Los Angeles/Orange County region.